Get Chrome Vinyl Wrap in Chicago: Top Quality, Super-Shiny Films!
Chrome vinyl wrap is a high-quality wrap with a mirror finish that provides a luxurious, reflective appearance to any vehicle while helping to protect its bodywork. Available in many different colors, chrome vinyl wrap is attention-grabbing and appeals to anybody looking to make their car stand out from the crowd!
Like other types of vehicle wraps, chrome film is a thick, durable vinyl film that is stretched over the bodywork to give it a mirror-like finish. Chrome vinyl wrap is best installed by professionals as it’s particularly delicate and vulnerable to cracking, hazing or tearing, when not installed correctly.
Here at Tinting Chicago, we offer our customers a wide choice of chrome vinyl wrap colors and finishes. Call today at 773-455-0467 or 312-212-0493 to make your installation appointment!
7 Benefits of chrome vinyl films
- Creates a mirror-like finish
- Gives a luxury appearance
- Quick to install
- Protects your paintwork
- Draws attention
- Highly durable
- Easy to maintain
What are the best brands of chrome vinyl wraps?
Tinting Chicago installs two chrome vinyl wrap brands, 3M ™ and Avery Dennison™. Both are durable, high-quality vinyl wrap options. Let our expert installers advise you on the best brand of wrap for your vehicle.
Steps to install chrome vinyl wraps
- Wash your vehicle thoroughly to ensure a clean surface
- Wipe the bodywork using an alcohol cleaning spray and a microfiber cloth
- Apply tack reducer using a clean microfiber cloth to all extra time for handling and repositioning
- Cut the chrome vinyl so that it is 4 to 6 inches bigger than the panel you are covering
- Remove the protective film on the front of the wrap being careful not to leave fingerprints
- Slowly and gently peel off the backing paper
- Heat the chrome evenly with a heat gun until it softens
- Squeegee the air out using some form of lubrication
- Trim any excess vinyl leaving 3mm of edging
- Roll excess film around the edges
Cost of installing chrome vinyl wraps
Expect to pay $6,000 upwards to fully chrome wrap an average-sized sedan vehicle. Chrome wrap is one of the most expensive vinyl materials on the market, as well as being one of the most labor-intensive wraps to install. The high cost of chrome vinyl wrap results in many customers just accent- wrap a few parts of the car, such as grilles, bumpers, radiators, hoods, roofs, and trunks.
Mistakes professionals avoid when installing chrome wrap
Even for professionals, chrome films are challenging to install because they’re delicate and damage easily. In order to achieve a perfect glass-like, metallic finish, great care must be taken not to scratch or overly stretch the chrome. Professionals follow these steps to ensure the perfect chrome vinyl finish:
- Peel away the protective layer covering the vinyl before installing
- Handling the film as little as possible to avoid fingerprint marks
- Never crease the film as it causes permanent marks
- Add lubrication before squeegeeing to avoid scratches
- Don’t heat the film to more than 80 degrees Fahrenheit during installation
5 reasons to remove your chrome vinyl wrap
- If it starts to peel
- If it is damaged or faded
- You want to replace it with a new look wrap
- Company branding or messaging needs updating
- To sell your vehicle
Professional Tools for chrome wrap film removal
- Plastic scraper that won’t damage the paintwork
- Heat gun
- Adhesive remover
- Spray bottle
- Cleaning cloth
Should you remove a chrome vinyl wrap yourself?
High-quality chrome vinyl wraps, produced by brands such as 3M™ and Avery Dennison™ are designed to be easily removed from vehicles, with the application heat. It is still however a labor-intensive process that requires a fair amount of time and patience. Low-quality chrome vinyl wraps can chip off in small flakes making the process even harder.
Frequently Asked Questions
3621 N Harlem Ave, Chicago IL, 60634
2720 W Grand Ave Chicago, IL, 60612
1402 N Rand Rd Palatine, IL 60074
|WEEK DAYS:||8:00 am – 6:00 pm|
|SATURDAY:||8:00 am – 3:00 pm|