Tail lights are designed to inform everyone driving behind about what we plan to do — brake, turn, stop etc. Also, they are quite vulnerable (scratches, minor bumps, road chips) and might do with extra protection. Plus, if we are in the process of upgrading the design of our car, we absolutely cannot miss this part — the vehicle has to look good from every angle! Do tail light stickers help? Yes, they do.
Tail lights tint — make your car look cool and protect the lights
People tint their tail lights in order to give that final touch to their car design. That is the number one reason for Tinting Chicago customers to order tail light tint installation.
Second reason — protection of the lights from the scratches, road chips etc. High-quality films that we are using for the tinting, are very durable and can withstand exposure to road debris, weather conditions and other damage on the road.
Tinting Chicago uses only great products tested by time — high quality tinting films and tail light covers from top brands. Our team of installers has extensive experience and provides solid guarantees on all work.
What kind of tint can be used for the tail lights?
Films that are used for tail lights tinting differ from the ones that are used for window tinting. Usual automotive vinyl films are not as strong. Tail light tint films have a superior temperature resistance.
Tail light tinting laws are not as strict as the headlights ones. Moreover, there is not much heat coming out from the tail lights, so darker films can be used without a risk of overheating.
There are a lot of options of legal tail light tint films that we offer in different colors and effects — matt or gloss, light or dark smoke, or even a chameleon shine!
Cons of tail light tint film
- If tail lights have a difficult shape. Car manufacturers are very fond of experimenting with the design and shape of the lights, especially with the tail ones. Therefore, they can have very unusual shapes. It is a hard job for installers to tint particular car models, so the job can be more expensive and time consuming. For example Dodge Charger has a tail light stretched along the entire length of the trunk, it takes more film and efforts to cover it with film, and overall the job would be more costly.
- If tail lights are tinted with poor quality film. If a poor-quality film is used for the tail light tinting, it can be easily damaged by temperature and significantly decrease road safety. We recommend only installing quality films at licensed installers. High quality films we install at Tinting Chicago will last more than 2 years and would not interfere with the comfort of other traffic participants.
Tint or spray? 3 reasons to choose tail lights tinting
- 2 years warranty for the tinting in the professional shops as Tinting Chicago (no one will give your warranty for the color spray)
- Unlike the paint, tail light tint films can be easily removed
- Film protects the glass of the tail lights from damage and UV-rays.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I tint tail lights?
Yes, it is not forbidden by law. There is one exception: total blackout film or paint for the tail lights are illegal and unsafe.
How long does a tail light tint last?
High quality wrap film which was made for the lights lasted more than two years. In Tinting Chicago we give a 2-years warranty for the recommended tint.
What are the most popular types of the tail light tint film?
It is a LUXE Lightwrap tint for automotive lights and chrome.
Where can I install the tail light tint?
We recommend tinting your car lights in a professional shop. In this case you will get a legal safety film for your taillights and quality air release installation without bubbles or creases. Our recommended tail light tint comes with a 2-year warranty. You can find us at 3621 N Harlem Ave and 2720 W Grand Ave in Chicago, IL or 1402 N Rand Rd in Palatine, IL, or call us at 773-455-0467 or 312-212-0493.
3621 N Harlem Ave, Chicago IL, 60634
2720 W Grand Ave Chicago, IL, 60612
|WEEK DAYS:||8:00 am – 6:00 pm|
|SATURDAY:||8:00 am – 3:00 pm|