Tail Light Tint — Complete the Look of Your Car in Just Half an Hour
Tail lights are designed to inform everyone driving behind about what we plan to do — brake, turn, stop etc. They are also quite vulnerable (scratches, minor bumps, road chips) and could use some extra protection. Plus if we are in the process of upgrading the design of our car, we absolutely cannot miss this part — the vehicle has to look good from every angle! Do tail light stickers help? Yes they do.Book appointment
Tail lights tint — make your car look cool and protect the lights
Car owners choose to tint their tail lights to give their cars’ look that final touch. That is the number one reason most Tinting Chicago customers go for the tail light tint installation.
The second reason is for protecting the lights from scratches, road chips etc. The high-quality films that we are using for the tinting are very durable and can withstand exposure to road debris, harsh weather conditions and other damages that may be sustained on the road.
Tinting Chicago uses only great products that stand the test of time — high quality tinting films and tail light covers from top brands. Our team of installers has extensive experience and provides solid guarantees on all their work.
What kind of tint can be used for the tail lights?
Films that are used for tail lights tinting differ from the ones that are used for window tinting. Usual automotive vinyl films are not as strong. Tail light tint films have superior temperature resistance.
Tail light tinting laws are not as strict as the headlights ones. Moreover, there is not much heat coming out from the tail lights, so darker films can be used without a risk of overheating.
We offer many options for legal tail light tint films in different colors and effects — matte or glossy, light or dark smoke, or even a chameleon shine!
Cons of tail light tint film
- If your tail lights have a difficult shape – car manufacturers are very fond of experimenting with the design and shape of the lights, especially with the tail ones. Therefore, they can have very unusual shapes. It is difficult for installers to tint particular car models so the job can be more expensive and time consuming. For example the Dodge Charger has a tail light that is stretched along the entire length of the trunk- it takes more film and effort to cover the whole light with film so overall the job would cost more.
- If tail lights are tinted with poor quality film. If a poor quality film is used for tail light tinting, it can easily be damaged by temperature and significantly decrease road safety. We recommend only installing quality films at licensed installers. The high quality films we install at Tinting Chicago will last more than two years and would not interfere with the comfort of other traffic participants.
Tint or spray? Three reasons to choose tail lights tinting
- Two years warranty for the tinting in professional shops like Tinting Chicago (no one will give you warranty for the color spray)
- Unlike the paint, tail light tint films can be easily removed
- Film protects the glass of the tail lights from damage and UV-rays.
Asked Questions See more
Yes, it is not forbidden by law. There is one exception: total blackout film or paint for the tail lights are illegal and unsafe.
High quality wrap film which was made for the lights lasted more than two years. In Tinting Chicago we give a 2-years warranty for the recommended tint.
It is a LUXE Lightwrap tint for automotive lights and chrome.
We recommend tinting your car lights in a professional shop. In this case you will get a legal safety film for your taillights and quality air release installation without bubbles or creases. Our recommended tail light tint comes with a 2-year warranty. You can find us at 3621 N Harlem Ave and 2720 W Grand Ave in Chicago, IL or 1402 N Rand Rd in Palatine, IL, or call us at 773-455-0467 or 312-212-0493.