Sun Blocking Window Film in Chicago: Protection from UV, Heat & Glare
Warm and sunny weather is nice but can also increase your bills because of the high energy consumption of your air conditioner. A great way to reduce sunlight, heat, and ultimately electricity bills all year round is getting sun-blocking window film. In this article, you will learn everything you need to know about sun-blocking window film and get valuable tips for installing it here in Chicago.Book appointment
The benefits of a sun-blocking window film
The main problem with windows is that 83% of the sun’s energy is transmitted through glass, and out of this 86% becomes heat. Applying tinting films on the windows of your home or office will help you with:
- Reduced heat
- Reduced glare
- Reduced UV rays that are harmful to your health and also damaging to the furniture
- Increased privacy
- Increased visual appeal
- Reduced electricity bills
7 questions to ask yourself before choosing a sun-blocking window film
Window films come in a variety of patterns and colors, so you can find one that suits your needs. The final price depends on the size of your windows and how much material is needed to cover them completely. Before inviting a specialist over for installation, ask yourself these questions:
- How much heat do you want to block? This depends on how hot the interior of your home gets.
- Do you want to block light too, or just heat? Depending on this you will choose a lighter or a darker shade for the film.
- Do you also want more privacy? If this is the case, you should choose a reflective film.
- Which areas of the building need the most protection? Do you need to install films on all of the windows of your home or office, or only on some that are the most exposed?
- Don’t forget about the skylights as they always have sunlight hitting them and may be the main cause of a warm interior.
- Are you able to apply the film perfectly yourself or would you rather leave this to a professional?
- Look for films that have a warranty against bubbling, peeling, cracking, or fading. The films that we use all have a lifetime warranty.
Install sun-blocking window film in Chicago
If you experience discomfort caused by excessive heat or sunlight, Tinting Chicago is here to help. Our experts will come over to inspect your home or office and then come up with a plan for how to protect it. The types of films we can provide are:
- Insulating films
- Glare reduction films
- UV blocking films
- Privacy films
- Decorative films
- Safety and security films
- Anti-graffiti films
- One-way mirror films
After inspecting your home and taking all of the needed measurements, we will pre-cut the films automatically with the help of a computer. At Tinting Chicago we will never use knives to cut the film after it’s already been applied to reduce the risk of scratching or damaging your windows.
Our company offers a variety of tints to choose from in different colors and shades and we are the only company in the area that will come to your place to give you an estimate of the tinting costs.
Asked Questions See more
Yes, it does! A quality film such as those offered by our company can reduce heat by as much as 86%. This way you keep your apartment cooler and you save money otherwise spent on air conditioning.
Yes, it is! 3M is one of the largest and best manufacturers of tinting films for both vehicles and buildings. Its products are of the highest quality and come with a lifetime warranty for fading, peeling or bubbling, so the 3M films are definitely worth it.
No. Many films provide a level of privacy during the day, but during the night this effect disappears, as the interior has more light than the exterior. If you are looking for an extra layer of privacy for your home, check out the Privacy window film section of our site.