Windshield Protection Film
Windshield protection film has become popular with Chicago drivers due to its unique characteristics. Our windshield protection film installation service provides films from world renowned manufacturers and brands so you can be sure of getting the best quality product.
Why Use A Windshield Protection Film?
It has been proven that the sun’s infrared rays cause the temperature rise inside your vehicle while UV rays result in damage to your car’s upholstery. You can let a lot of radiation and heat inside your car even with your side windows tinted. We offer a wide selection of automotive windshield films providing an excellent protection against heat and UV rays.
Unlike films which are used for side window tinting, windshield protection film has to be clear enough to meet the visible light transmission requirements. According to the Federal standard, the film on the windshield cannot allow less than 70% of light. On the other hand, it is vital to reduce the heat and radiation entering your vehicle. With our windshield protection film, you can do both! Not only will you keep your interior from fading, but you can also benefit by lowering the temperature inside your vehicle and reducing the energy needed to run your car’s cooling system which will help to burn less fuel.
At our windshield protection installation service in Chicago, IL, you’ll get all the necessary assistance, including film samples. Note: the windscreen films we offer do not influence any electronic or radio devices inside your car. This means your GPS, radio, cell phone, etc., will keep working. Moreover, you also get a stylish anti-glare protection which increases the driver’s safety as well. The windshield becomes much safer in case of accidental damage or a road accident.
Many of our customers prefer partial windshield protection, also known as a visor strip. It is installed in the upper part of your vehicle’s windscreen and prevents excessive sun rays and glare. Additionally, it improves your car’s appearance. Visor strips may be tinted so you can always choose between a wide variety of colors and styles.
How to Install a Visor Strip with Lettering onto Your Windshield
Basically, there are several steps you should take while performing this kind of installation. However, be sure to check the manufacturer’s instructions as there may be some slight differences depending on the type of the wrapping. The procedure is as follows:
- Step 1. Clean the windshield.
- Step 2. Tape the visor strip in place.
- Step 3. Measure and adjust.
- Step 4. Hinge the visor in the center to work with one side at a time.
- Step 5. Peel one side of the backing paper off and cut at the center.
Step 6. Wipe away any paper dust left from the cut.
- Step 7. Spray the windshield and vinyl without getting the remaining backing paper wet.
- Step 8. Lay the vinyl flat and firmly squeegee from the center out.
- Step 9. Perform the same procedures for the other side.
- Step 10. Carefully remove the mask layer by holding it flat on the windshield while peeling off.
- Step 11. Tuck the edges along the outside of the windshield.
- Step 12. Carefully trim along the outside of the windshield using a razor blade.
- Step 13. Dry the windshield before applying the next layer.
- Step 14. Fold the lettering in half to find the center line and align it with the rear window mirror.
- Step 15. Measure from the bottom of the strip to the bottom of the text and adjust.
- Step 16. Repeat steps 2-8 and 10 to apply the second layer.
Whenever you decide to treat your windshield, fully or partially, come to our Chicago windshield protection film installation service. Here, you will get a wide selection of clear protective films for your windscreen as well as a vast variety of visor strips.
7055 W Belmont Ave, Chicago IL, 60634
2720 W Grand Ave Chicago, IL, 60612
|WEEK DAYS:||8:00 am – 7:00 pm|
|SATURDAY:||8:00 am – 5:00 pm|
|SUNDAY:||9:00 am – 3:00 pm|