Home Window Safety and Security Films in Chicago: Protect Your Home Today!
Home window safety and security films are an affordable way to protect your house from breakage. Intruders, natural disasters, the unfortunate ball flying into your window — safety tints will protect your property from all of it. If the window breaks, the film will hold the glass together, and no dangerous shards will fly around. Sounds like something that you need for your home? Call us at
Why would you need security window film?
Home safety and security window films are an effective way to protect your home from unfortunate events:
- Burglars — according to the statistics, every 18 seconds a burglar intrudes into a private property in the United States. Windows are the most vulnerable parts of our homes, and by applying protective films, we’re adding a protective shield that can keep the intruder away, or give the neighbors a chance to call the police.
- Accidents — unfortunate ball flying into the window is such a common story, that it makes total sense to protect the windows and the front door in the first place! Security films will reduce the risk of injuries by keeping the glass intact in case of breakage.
- Natural disasters — strong winds or tornados are another common of home window breakage in the US. If you live in an area prone to storms, or just want to be absolutely sure, give us a call and we will advise the best home window safety and security film. It’s better to be safe than sorry!
Aside from all of these safety and security benefits, these window films will also protect your family and furniture from UV rays’ dangerous effects.
Types of safety & security films
The benefits of home window safety and security films
By using security window films you will:
- Be protected against intruders
- Be protected against natural disasters
- Be protected against accidents
- Reduce insurance fees
- Reduce UV rays, glare, and heat
The 3M films that Tinting Chicago offers to its clients are made of thick polyester for maximum protection. They are available in different thicknesses and VLT (visible light transmittance) options. By applying them, you will get a lifetime warranty (for homes) or 10 years (for commercial buildings). Interested in finding out more? Give us a call today at 773-455-0467 or 312-212-0493 and speak to our 24/ customer support team.
Asked Questions See more
Obviously, the thicker the film, the better the protection. But the recommended thickness for optimum protection is between 8 and 12 mil.
The film does strengthen the windows indeed but does not make them unbreakable. In case you do want unbreakable windows, then a film is not enough and you would need a protection shield made of polycarbonate.
In case of no incidents, the film can last for at least 5 years, sometimes even more. Our films have a lifetime warranty against bubbling or fading, but their life also depends on factors like the condition of the window, the local climate, and more.
Our team of experts is here to assist you with any type of tinting films, whether they are for cars, homes, or offices. Our offer includes a wide variety of films of different types and our technicians are ready to come over and do the application. You can find us at 3621 N Harlem Ave and 2720 W Grand Ave, or call us at 773-455-0467 or 312-212-0493.