Clear Bra Installation Service
Clear bra is a paint protection film, an invisible coating that effectively guards your vehicle’s paint from damage. This thin polyurethane layer serves as a barrier that protects the paint from the scratches caused by environment debris. PPF can withstand all minor outdoor threats. The clear bra will protect the integrity of the car’s body and prolong its resale value. Intact paintwork and surface gloss will make it look as beautiful as the day you bought it for a long time.
However, paint protection film installation is a tricky process that you really shouldn’t attempt on your own. Our certified installers have excellent skills to perform their task fast and flawlessly. Professional wrapping of your vehicle will not only maintain your automotive aesthetics but also last for up to 7-10 years. Unlike vinyl films, a clear bra doesn’t need to be removed under certain conditions. Therefore, with the proper care and maintenance, it will efficiently protect your car’s exterior for a while.Book appointment
Where to find the best PPF installers near you?
If you have made up your mind to protect your vehicle with paint protection film PPF, make sure you entrust this task to professionals. Do research on the Internet by typing ‘the best PPF installer near me’ or look for the closest service of Tinting Chicago.
Important facts to know about the PPF
Try to learn as much as possible about paint protection film products and PPF installer services in Illinois before you wrap your vehicle. This procedure is quite costly, and you should know what benefits you can expect.
- The PPF can be installed on any part of the vehicle, protecting only the most vulnerable areas. Our experts will provide a customized service for your car protection, offering an individual package to match your requirements.
- Clear bra reduces the damage from UV rays but doesn’t stop the light from coming in. Therefore, the paint on the protected and unprotected parts of the vehicle should fade evenly.
- Paint protection films require special care to protect your cars for the promised 7-10. And it’s quite simple: hand-wash it carefully with water and soap. Avoid any heavy detergents and petroleum-based products as they can harm not only the film but even the paint under it. When your clear bra is clean, the shop will wax it with a specialized product. Make sure to opt for brushless and touchless car washes!
- High-quality paint protection film installed by experienced professionals in Chicago IL will not yellow over time. However, some measure of color degradation is unavoidable for all urethane-based films. If you maintain your PPF well, it shouldn’t be noticeable at all.
- Clear bra installation should only be performed by professionals. Although it’s possible to install the film on your own, doing so will be extremely hard. PPF is very thin, and you can ruin it with a single move. Our technicians go through years of training to learn how to install the film perfectly.
Is that possible to remove clear bras?
If, for some reason, you decide to remove your paint protection film, our specialists can do this quickly and without damaging the original paintwork of your car. Please note that if the film was installed atop graphics, the image could be damaged. If you want to protect a freshly painted vehicle or one with the paint touched up, you will need to wait for the paint to dry and cure completely.
The process of PPF installation
Properly installed paint protection film is transparent and almost invisible on your car’s paintwork. It will efficiently protect from scratches, rock chips, and other potential damage. However, this process must be performed flawlessly to achieve the desired result. It involves several crucial steps to ensure seamless adhesion. Here is how it is usually realized:
- Vehicle inspection. It is an initial step each professional installer will take – thoroughly inspect the paintwork to identify existing damages and imperfections that may prevent the film from sticking well. If necessary, paint correction is carried out at this stage.
- Surface preparation. Now it is vital to clean the car’s exterior from all sorts of dirt, debris, wax or sealant. This precaution will ensure the film will be applied with no bubbles and other visual flaws.
- PPF design. At this stage, installers must use special tools to pre cut film details for each panel of the vehicle. It is critical to fit all patterns of the specific make of the car to ensure high quality of seam joins and wrapped edges.
- Film application. Now technicians will carefully apply prepared film pieces to various panels of your car. With a heat gun and a squeegee, they achieve smooth coverage.
- Trimming and shaping. After all film pieces have been applied, the installer will trim all edges to get an invisible film appearance. Experts will easily remove all visible lines or gaps between the vehicle’s paint and paint protection film.
- Final inspection. After the installation process is completed, it is being inspected for imperfections like air bubbles.
Now all you need to do is to wait the required time for the paint protection film to cure and you are ready for a drive along Harlem Ave!
What can damage the paint protection film?
Once your PPF is installed, you will receive specific aftercare instructions. These include recommendations for cleaning, maintenance and the use of abrasives that could damage the vehicle protection film.
Types of PPF packages
When it comes to your car’s paintwork protection, the best option is to apply a clear bra to a full car. Of course, full coverage is quite expensive, and many car owners try to avoid extra expenses. But today’s market has a lot of budget packages that offer partial protection of different parts of vehicles that are most susceptible to damage. They range from full front package to customized track package for individual vehicle panels. Here are the most popular deals:
- Basic front bumper package. This option will protect only the front bumper, which is the most exposed area of each vehicle. The protective tape will prevent road debris from leaving scratches and dings, splatter and other minor damages on your bumper. You can also add a rear bumper area for a more reliable outcome.
- Partial hood and fenders package. This approach will safeguard the front part of the vehicle. At an affordable price, you take care of the front portion of the vehicle, where the risk of minor damage is especially high.
- Side mirrors, headlights, and door edges and handles. This vehicle protection package focuses on particular areas only to protect high-contact areas from potential damage. Besides, it maintains lighting components in good condition.
- Rear bumper package. This option is for the backside of the vehicle. It is especially advisable for bigger cars as the film protects from possible damage during loading and offloading goods from the trunk.
- Rocker panel package. You can use it to protect the lower part of the vehicle’s sides – rocker panels. It will help them withstand gravel, rocks and other road debris.
- High-impact area package. It implies coverage of all critical zones – the front bumper, the hood, the fenders and the rocker panels. You can also include a window section by adding window tint.
There are a lot of options when you decide to stop on partial PPF. Our experts will manage to select the best track package for your vehicle, be it a sports car or a Tesla model. We use an individual approach to each customer to achieve the best outcome and match your budget. Our technicians have experience in installing PPF on all makes of vehicles: coupe, sedan, SUV, hatchback, pickup and even vans.
Which partial PPF option will bring the best car protection?
Usually, it is a full front package. It includes the front bumper, hood, full front fenders, side mirrors, headlights and fog lights, partial a-pillars and roof. Car makes are different, and this package is often customized to your particular model for the best protection. Chicago IL will find a reliable variant to care for your car’s entire front end.
Clear bra installation basics
Understanding the tricky parts of clear bra installation will help you see why exactly you should entrust this task to our experienced specialists.
- The film is almost invisible, so the lighting in the shop must be VERY good.
- The temperature in the premises must be maintained at a certain level throughout the procedure to ensure a perfect installation.
- A team of specialists must install a clear bra quickly and without a hitch to achieve a top quality cover.
- The film is so thin that it will fold onto itself in an instant when you remove it from the liner. You’ll need an assistant to hold both ends of the piece carefully. At the same time, you also need to ensure that the surface of the vehicle remains perfectly clean and moist throughout the procedure. All in all, this is not a job that should be done single-handedly.
Is that worth installing PPF on your own?
This approach will definitely save your budget as you can purchase a pre-cut kit in Chicago and apply it by yourself. But at the same time, you may end up wasting your money. The paint protection film installation process requires precision, special equipment and professional skills. Without these, you risk getting a poor-quality result, with untidy seams, bubbles and even damage the tape. So always rely on professional installers. You can easily find reliable services by typing in Google ‘certified PPF installers near me.’ Or make things easier – call Tinting Chicago to get a consultation and an individual PPF package offer.